Friday, October 12, 2012

Factcheck.org takes on the VP debate

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I missed last night's VP debate because I was in class/in transit, but I feel like I know it all (once again) based on real-time social media commentary!  I couldn't help but notice that with Biden taking a much more offensive role (as opposed to defensive, that is), none of my favorite liberal followers were citing counts on lies and mis-statements for this debate.  I hunted down the factcheck.org article, and although they don't explicitly count the lies it appears to be 10 for Ryan and 4 for Biden.  Here's the link to their analysis:

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/veep-debate-violations/

If anyone else has seen other counts, I'd be very interested!  I've started to believe we learn more useful facts from following coverage of lies than from any other source.

No comments: